Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Last updated: March 22nd, 2022
Welcome to flipMD (www.flip-md.com), a website and service (collectively, the “Site'' or “Service”) operated by flipMD, Inc. (the “Company”).
1. What information do we collect about you?
The information we collect about you is largely capable of personally identifying you – either on its own of when combined with other information. There are several ways we may obtain information about you, including from:
- You, when you provide us information to use our Service; and
- You, when you interact with certain technologies that power our Service that are automatically collected
The information may include the following categories:
- Personal Identifier Information: Your name, date of birth, demographic information, postal and email address, phone number, driver’s license or other government identification number, username, and password.
- Device/Browser Identifier Information: Your unique device or browser identifiers, such as the type of device you are using, device IDs, operating system version, and browser type.
- Internet/Electronic Activity: Your geolocation information, Internet Protocol (IP) address, web/app browsing and search history related to our Service, and information regarding your interaction(s) with our Site.
- Professional Information: Your National Provider Number (“NPI”), medical specialty, job history, taxpayer identification information, medical diplomas, and/or medical licenses.
A. Information that you provide to us
When you register for our Service, we may ask you to provide certain information. The information you provide to us may include:
- Name, date of birth, and demographic information (e.g., age, gender, etc.)
- Home, work, and/or billing addresses
- Zip code
- Email address
- Home, work and/or mobile phone number
- Messages from you
- Credit card information
- Driver’s license or other government identification number
- Professional information (e.g., NPI number, medical specialty, job history, taxpayer identification information, medical diplomas, and/or medical licenses)
B. Information we collect automatically
In addition to any information that you may provide to us, we and the third parties we work with may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) collect certain information whenever you use our Service, including but not limited to:
- Geo-location information
- IP address
- Internet service provider
- Information about your operating system and browser, such as its maker or version
- The pages and content of our websites/screens that you view (including referring and exit pages)
- What information, content, or advertisements you view, hover over, or click on
- Unique identifiers
- Login information
- Mobile device information, such as your telephone number, mobile device ID, the make, model, operating system, capacity and settings of your device
- Our third party billing service provider, Stripe, will also collect information such as your full name, credit card number, and billing address.
Such technologies to collect the above information include but are not limited to:
- Pixels. A tracking pixel is a tiny pixel-sized image that allows us to track your website visits, advertising impressions, and other types of Internet activity. It's also sometimes called a web bug, beacon, or page tag.
- Web beacons. These are graphic image files that collect information about your use of and interactions with our Service, such as to count visitors to our Site and which pages were viewed and links clicked.
- Embedded scripts. These are programming codes that collect information about your use of and interactions with our Service.
2. How do we use your information?
We may use your information to provide our Service and for a variety of related business activities, which may include:
- Managing Your Profile and Account: We may use your information to verify your identity when you return to the Site, and to provide you with our Service.
- Communicating with You: We may use your information to notify you about changes to our Site and Service, to respond to your messages and comments, to provide customer support, to send you technical notices, and to contact you with administrative communications and newsletters.
- Service Ratings and Feedback: We may use your information to obtain ratings and reviews of our Service, which may include personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Site, in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. We also collect feedback about users and their experience with our Site. Feedback is publicly viewable. In our discretion, we may remove feedback that violates our Terms of Service .
- Reviews: We may use your information to display your profile that you create on the Site, which consists of information including personal identifier information, photographs, professional information such as examples of your work, information on work previously performed via the Site, hourly fees, earnings information, feedback/rating information, and username. This information may be publicly visible.
- Advertising and Marketing: We may use marketing and remarketing providers to advertise to you on our Site. We may place cookies and pixels on your computer or other devices to market and remarket to you, and to measure the effectiveness of marketing and remarketing.
- Business Operations: We may use your information to understand your use of our Service in order to consider improving them, including to provide, change, market, or optimize our service and products and to create new services and products. We also may use your information to determine whether applicable policies and terms are being violated.
- Security and Auditing: We may use your information to audit interactions with you, count ad impressions, detect security incidents, protect against fraud or other malicious activity, and identify and repair errors that may arise.
- Complying with Law: We may use your information to comply with applicable laws, including as required by judicial or administrative proceedings.
3. How do we share information with others?
We do not sell or share your information to outside parties for commercial or marketing purposes. We may share the information that we have collected about you only in the following ways:
- Information Disclosed in Connection with Business Transactions. If we are acquired by a third party as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition or asset sale or if our assets are acquired by a third party in the event we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, some or all of our assets, including your information, may be disclosed or transferred to a third party acquirer in connection with the transaction.
- Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate:
(i) to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas);
(ii) to protect our property, rights and safety and the property, rights and safety of a third party or the public in general; and
(iii) to stop any activity that we consider illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
4. What choices do you have?
A. Do Not Track
We may track your browsing behavior to better tailor suggestions and information for you. Some third party sites also keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. You can opt out of certain tracking by adjusting the settings on your browser. However, many websites (including our Site) may not respond to such signals.
B. Your Privacy Rights
You may choose to limit certain collection or disclosure of your information as follows:
- To unsubscribe from marketing emails, please use the link located at the bottom of the marketing email.
- We respect your right to access, correct, and delete your personal information.
a. You may access your personal information by signing into your account. From there, you can correct or modify your information.
b. You may also exercise your rights, subject to applicable laws, to request that we delete your personal data.
c. If you need assistance correcting or updating your personal information, or would like to request that we delete your personal information, contact us us at [email protected].
- We may offer public forums or blogs, if you participate, your comments and questions will be publicly displayed. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at [email protected].
- We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, contact us at [email protected].
- We offer Clients and Consultants the ability to create a profile on the Site, which consists of personal information, photographs, examples of your work, information on work previously performed via the Site, hourly fees, earnings information, feedback/rating information, and username. The information in your profile may be visible to all users and the general public. You may edit certain information in your profile via your account. If you believe an unauthorized profile has been created for you, you can request it be removed by contacting us at [email protected].
5. Additional Privacy Disclosures
A. European Union Visitors
6. Children’s Privacy
The Service is only for users of the age of 18 or older. If you are under the age of 18, please do not attempt to register with us or provide any personal information about yourself to us at any time for the Service. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13 and we do not direct our Service to individuals under the age of 13.
7. How do we protect your information?
We use Site-appropriate physical, electronic, and other procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. However, please be aware that the Internet is an inherently unsafe environment, and that hackers are constantly working to defeat security measures. Thus, we cannot guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed, and you accept this risk.
8. How long do we store your information?
Personal information that we collect, access or process will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected, unless otherwise provided in agreements between us or as required or authorized by law. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfill the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made de-identified.
9. What about changes to this notice?
10. Who can you contact with questions or concerns?
Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice
Last updated: March 21st, 2022 (“Effective Date”)
At Collection Notice
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of Personal Information that are listed in the CCPA law:
- Personal Identifiers: Your name, date of birth, email address, and phone number.
- Household Information: If your household income falls on or below 200% of the federal poverty level.
- Healthcare Clinic Information: The healthcare clinic name that referred you to our Service, the name of the clinic staff who helped you complete the form, and the title or role of the clinic staff who helped you complete the form.
The Business or Commercial Purposes for Which We Use Your Personal Information.
We use your personal information in order to provide our Service (including providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information), to run our business (including for internal research for technological development and demonstration, activities to verify or maintain the quality of the service or improving, upgrading or enhancing our service, debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality, internal business operations, analytics, and to provide, develop, change, market or optimize our service and products), to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for that activity, debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
Your Right to Opt out of “Sales” of Personal Information. The CCPA gives you the right to opt out of “sales” of your personal information, which the CCPA defines broadly to include not only traditional selling of data, but also many data sharing arrangements where the recipient can use the personal information that they receive for the recipient’s own business purposes.
We do not sell or share your personal information under these circumstances.
Categories of Personal Information Collected and Disclosed.
In this section we describe generally how we have collected and disclosed personal information about consumers in our role as a business over the previous twelve months.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect. We collect the following categories of Personal Information through our Service that are listed in the CCPA in the prior twelve months: identifiers; household information, healthcare clinic information.
Categories of Personal Information We “Sell”. The CCPA defines “sales” broadly to include not only traditional selling of data, but also many data sharing arrangements where the recipient can use the personal information that they receive for the recipient’s own business purposes. We do not sell or share your personal information under these circumstances.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed For a Business Purpose. The categories of Personal Information that we have disclosed for a business purpose in the prior twelve months include: identifiers; household information, healthcare clinic information.
Your Consumer Rights Under the CCPA
Right of Access. You have the right to request, free of charge, that we disclose information about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve months, including:
- The categories of personal information we collect about you;
- What personal information we collect, use, or disclose about you;
- The categories of sources of the personal information we collect about you;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting the personal information;
- For each category of personal information, the categories of third parties with whom it was disclosed; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we collect about you.
For more information on how to request information about our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information, please see the Submitting CCPA Requests to Us section below.
Right to Request Deletion. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information that we have collected. For more information on how to request deletion, please see the Submitting CCPA Requests to Us section below. Once we receive your request and verify your identity, we will review your request to see if an exception allowing us to retain the information applies. We will delete or de-identify personal information not subject to an applicable exception from our records and will direct our service providers to take similar action.
Right to Request Opt-Out of the Sale of Your Personal Information. You have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time. As discussed, we do not sell or share the personal information of consumers under these circumstances.
Right of Non-Discrimination. You have the right to be free from discriminatory adverse treatment for exercising these rights. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Submitting CCPA Requests to Us
Requests to Know or Delete.To exercise your rights to know or delete described above, you may submit a request by contacting us at [email protected] with the subject line: ATTN: Customer Service Department—California Privacy Info. You can also have an authorized agent make a request at [email protected].
Verification of Requests. Only you, or an individual legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request to know or delete your personal information. You may only submit a request to know twice within a twelve month period. Your request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information, or that the requestor is your authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We may request information from you in order to verify your identity. Additionally, we may require that authorized agents provide proof of their authorization. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we are unable to verify your identity, your authority to make a request on behalf of another person, or if we cannot confirm that the personal information relates to you. In general, we will verify your request and your identity by matching the information you provided with the information we have in our records. We will only use personal information provided in the request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make it.
CCPA Reporting Metrics: flipMD did not receive any CCPA data deletion requests or summary requests in 2021 (January 1, 2021 - December 31, 2021).
Changes to this CCPA Notice