Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Last updated: January 1, 2023
Welcome to flipMD (www.flip-md.com), a website and service (collectively, the “Site'' or “Service”) operated by flipMD, Inc. (“flipMD,” “we,” “us,” or “our”).
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Notice at Collection: Please click here to read our CCPA Privacy Notice for additional information, including with respect to your rights, under the CCPA.
1. What information do we collect about you?
The information we collect about you depends on the context. This could include information that could be used to personally identify you – either on its own of when combined with other information.
- You, when you provide us information to use our Service; and
- You, when you interact with certain technologies that power our Service that are automatically collected
The information may include the following categories:
- Personal Identifier Information: Your name, date of birth, demographic information, postal and email address, phone number, driver’s license or other government identification number, username, and password.
- Device/Browser Identifier Information: Your unique device or browser identifiers, such as the type of device you are using, device IDs, operating system version, and browser type.
- Internet/Electronic Activity: Internet Protocol (IP) address, web/app browsing and search history related to our Service, and information regarding your interaction(s) with our Site.
- Professional Information: Your National Provider Number (“NPI”), medical specialty, job history, taxpayer identification information, medical diplomas, and/or medical licenses.
A. Information that you provide to us
When you register for our Service, we may ask you to provide certain information. The information you provide to us may include:
- Name, date of birth, and demographic information (e.g., age, gender, etc.)
- Home, work, and/or billing addresses
- City, State and/or Zip code
- Email address
- Home, work and/or mobile phone number
- Messages from you
- Credit card information
- Driver’s license or other government identification number
- Professional information (e.g., NPI number, medical specialty, job history, education history, references, referrals, taxpayer identification information, medical diplomas, and/or medical licenses)
- Social media account information
B. Information we collect automatically
In addition to any information that you may provide to us, we and the third parties we work with may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) collect certain information whenever you use our Service, including but not limited to:
- IP address
- Internet service provider
- Information about your operating system and browser, such as its maker or version
- The pages and content of our websites/screens that you view (including referring and exit pages)
- What information, content, or advertisements you view, hover over, or click on, such as via mouse movements, scrolling, clicks, text keyed into the site, and other actions activity
- Unique identifiers
- Login information
- Mobile device information, such as your telephone number, mobile device ID, the make, model, operating system, capacity and settings of your device
- Our third-party billing service provider, Stripe, will also collect information such as your full name, credit card number, and billing address.
Such technologies to collect the above information include but are not limited to:
- Pixels. A tracking pixel is a tiny pixel-sized image that allows us to track your website visits, advertising impressions, and other types of Internet activity. It's also sometimes called a web bug, beacon, or page tag.
- Web beacons. These are graphic image files that collect information about your use of and interactions with our Service, such as to count visitors to our Site and which pages were viewed and links clicked.
- Embedded scripts. These are programming codes that collect information about your use of and interactions with our Service.
2. How do we use your information?
We may use your information to provide our Service and for a variety of related business activities, which may include:
- Managing Your Profile and Account: We may use your information to verify your identity when you return to the Site, and to provide you with our Service.
- Communicating with You: We may use your information to notify you about changes to our Site and Service, to respond to your messages and comments, to provide customer support, to send you technical notices, and to contact you with administrative communications and newsletters.
- Service Ratings and Feedback: We may use your information to obtain ratings and reviews of our Service, which may include personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Site, in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. We also collect feedback about users and their experience with our Site. Feedback is publicly viewable. In our discretion, we may remove feedback that violates our Terms of Service .
- Reviews: We may use your information to display your profile that you create on the Site, which consists of information including personal identifier information, photographs, professional information such as examples of your work, information on work previously performed via the Site, hourly fees, earnings information, feedback/rating information, and username. This information may be publicly visible.
- Advertising and Marketing: We may use your information to advertise and market to you via any channel, including text messages, emails, direct mail, and other forms of advertising. We may use and share your information to send advertising and marketing of our Services and other services we believe you may find interesting. We may also use and share your information to measure the effectiveness of advertising and marketing, to predict effectiveness of advertising and marketing, to find audiences for advertising and marketing and other analytics and operations related to advertising and marketing.
- Business Operations: We may use your information to understand your use of our Service in order to consider improving them, including to provide, change, market, or optimize our service and products and to create new services and products. We also may use your information to determine whether applicable policies and terms are being violated.
- Security and Auditing: We may use your information to audit interactions with you, count ad impressions, detect security incidents, protect against fraud or other malicious activity, and identify and repair errors that may arise.
- Complying with Law: We may use your information to comply with applicable laws, including as required by judicial or administrative proceedings.
3. How do we share information with others?
We may share your information to companies that work for or provide Services to us in the ways described below:
- Affiliates. We may share information with our parent and affiliated companies for business and operational purposes.
- Service Providers and Third Parties. We may share your information with the following service providers and third parties to perform services on our behalf such as:
- Data warehouses, servers, and storage providers
- Data analytic, data connectivity and customer data providers and platforms
- Customer engagement or relationship management platforms
- Advertising networks, advertising software tools, advertising servers, advertisers, sponsors and partners that market and advertise to you and measure performance of marketing and advertisements
- Cloud computing providers
- Survey and customer feedback providers and platforms
- Software development tools
- Text delivery and analytics platform
- Customer service software
- Patient advocacy support providers to handle your requests
- Privacy management platform, such as to manage deletion requests
- Credit card and payment processors that process your credit card information (in cases where you provide us with your credit card information) and track payments
- Information security, fraud detection and prevention providers
- Identity and professional credential verification providers
- Auditors, third parties conducting security assessments and services, law firms, staff augmentation firms and other professional services providers
- Information Disclosed in Connection with Business Transactions. If we are acquired by a third party as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition or asset sale or if our assets are acquired by a third party in the event we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, some or all of our assets, including your information, may be disclosed or transferred to a third-party acquirer in connection with the transaction.
- Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate:
(i) to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas);
(ii) to protect our property, rights and safety and the property, rights and safety of a third party or the public in general; and
(iii) to stop any activity that we consider illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
4. What choices do you have?
A. Do Not Track
We currently do not respond to Do Not Track signals.
B. Your Privacy Rights
- To unsubscribe from marketing emails, please use the link located at the bottom of the marketing email.
- We may offer the ability to comment on our blog posts. If you comment, your comments will be publicly displayed. To request removal of your comment, contact us at [email protected].
- We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name.
- We offer clients and consultants the ability to create a profile on the Site, which consists of personal information, photographs, examples of your work, information on work previously performed via the Site, hourly fees, earnings information, feedback/rating information, and username. The information in your profile may be visible to all users and the general public. You may edit or correct certain information in your profile via your account. If you believe an unauthorized profile has been created for you, you can request it be removed by contacting us at [email protected].
5. Additional Privacy Disclosures
A. European Union Visitors
6. Children’s Privacy
The Service is only for users of the age of 18 or older. If you are under the age of 18, please do not attempt to register with us or provide any personal information about yourself to us at any time for the Service. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13 and we do not direct our Service to individuals under the age of 13.
7. How do we protect your information?
We use Site-appropriate physical, electronic, and other procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. However, please be aware that the Internet is an inherently unsafe environment, and that hackers are constantly working to defeat security measures. Thus, we cannot guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed, and you accept this risk.
8. How long do we store your information?
9. What about changes to this notice?
10. Who can you contact with questions or concerns?